6.23.2008

Where to Begin: Timing

With an engagement that is 16 months long, it can sometimes feel like an eternity, but for whatever reason, 2008 is quickly slipping through my fingers. I can't believe that July is literally around the corner and that we will soon be coming up on the one year marker. So this begs the question, how do I time what needs to get done when?

The Knot has a handy dandy checklist of when you "should" be completing items. One of my coworkers said that she used this as her wedding bible. She said she felt a great feeling of a accomplishment checking each task off. Of course there are other wedding planners and other resources online as well. It would seem that wedding "stuff" is abundant and easy to find. But unless you stick to one schedule or checklist, wedding planning can be a bear of a project.

So far, I've booked the church and the reception site. I'm in the midst of designing our Save the Dates and our invitations are on the horizon. I've done little else. I have started researching DJs and florists. I know that for myself, I'll really have to set deadlines for talking to some of these folks so that they don't get booked up. Also, with a year to go, I feel comfortable not rushing around trying to plan everything. In reality, I can't plan everything yet. But I must remind myself not to become complacent and lazy. I've got to keep the ball rolling.

How are you timing your planning?

No comments: