6.03.2008

THE Dress

There was a marathon of "Say YES to the Dress" on TLC this past Sunday. That got me thinking about my dress. Well, my someday dress. The thing is, I don't have a dress yet. With a year+ until the wedding, I'm not in a huge rush to get one.

I watched as the brides to be tried on a variety of gowns at the ultra sweet Kleinfeld's in New York. I listened as different brides mentioned their budgets, ranging from $3000 to "no budget". I'm sorry, but I don't really fall into that category. I'd love to have the dress of my dreams, but I'm also a realist, and have a really hard time swallowing the idea of spending $2000+ on a dress I'll wear once, maybe twice (for photos). Then again, that may change in a year, but I doubt it.

Then again, I do have some ideas:

(all photos from theKnot.com)

No comments: