3.03.2009

A Square Cake!

That's right, we're having a square cake. I'm really excited about it. While round cakes are technically "easier" to make, I wanted our cake to be a little different from what our guests might be expecting.

Here was my inspiration:

photo from Gracefull333
I'm loving the look of a square cake. I also like how the middle tier is slightly twisted to add a little more style.
 
 
Photo by kelannfuller
 
I love this cake. It's in our colors and so bright and different. We're going to have a blue cake.
Photo from brookecorpus
I also like the idea of fresh flowers for the cake. Flowers are a great addition and add color!

I'm working with the wonderful Jen Kwapinski of Jen's Cakes in San Jose. They are a wife and husband team who have been rocking out wedding cakes for the last few years. My coworker referred me to Jen after booking her for her own wedding. She said that her cake was the hit of their reception. Sounds good to me!

If you are in the Bay Area, definitely consider checking out Jen's Cakes. She's super nice and her cakes are SUPER good! My mom and I went to the tasting, and it was the best vendor meeting ever!

1 comment:

TAL said...

I have to admit that I never thought I would be a fan of a brown and blue wedding cake, but the more I see the bigger the fan I become.

There are some great cakes pictured above.

-TJ